The environment you choose to live in while at university will greatly shape your experience as a student. At Carey Centre, you’ll get to be part of a tight-knit Christian community while enjoying delicious meals in our dining hall, a spacious dorm room of your own, and multiple lounges for studying and hanging out.
Carey Centre is a ministry of the Canadian Baptists of Western Canada (CBWC), and therefore, our common foundation is our faith in Jesus Christ. We are a community composed mostly of Christians while others hold other faith backgrounds or none at all. Our desire is to help those who are interested in our community grow in their understanding of Christian faith.
As a student resident at Carey, you’ll get to take part in an experience unlike any other on campus:
- A vibrant community of 40 students, most of whom share in Christian faith and values
- Residential Deans (married couple) who are personable, involved in the community, and available to journey with you as you navigate student life
- Resources and events for your spiritual growth
- Three freshly prepared meals every day in our dining hall
- Fun, weekly gatherings to de-stress from studies
- Prime location at the heart of campus: close to eateries, coffee shops, the Nest, the bus loop, the beach, and forest trails
- Quiet atmosphere and beautiful surroundings
Carey student residents enjoy living in large, single occupancy rooms with a desk, chair, dresser, and a single or queen-sized bed. All units have an en-suite washroom with a tub or shower, high-speed internet access and a local telephone.
Residence at Carey Centre is reserved for undergraduate and graduate students studying at either the University of British Columbia or another on-campus local college. Since Carey is a ministry of the Canadian Baptists of Western Canada, students from CBWC churches have priority in the application process.
For important application details, please read:
We still have a few spots left! Apply today!
Dates to Remember for 2016 – 2017 Student Residents:
|Application Deadline||April 15, 2016|
|Non-Refundable Deposit Due||Upon Acceptance|
|Security Deposit Due||August 5, 2016|
|1st Semester Residency Fees||August 5, 2016|
|Residence Opens||Labour Day Weekend|
|2nd Semester Residency Fees Due||December 9, 2016|
|Last Day of Residence Term||Two days after student’s last final exam or April 30, 2017 whichever is earlier.|
Helpful information regarding residence living:
- Carey Residence Rule Book & Handbook (currently being updated)
- Carey Student Residency Agreement (currently being updated)
For additional information related to applications for Carey Centre and community living standards and expectations, please contact our office at 604.225.5920 or email email@example.com.