Carey is home to Carey Theological College, the Carey Institute and Carey Centre and provides residential accommodation for students and other guests, faculty and administrative offices and meetings/classroom space for students and groups. As such Carey Centre places a significant emphasis on the hospitality of residents, guest and visitors.
- Greeting and responding to all visitors and guests in a professional and welcoming manner and attending to their needs
- Handling all outgoing and incoming mail, couriers packages and faxes
- Answering and directing telephone calls, using multiple line system
- Handling voice mail messages, including responding or forwarding as required
- Maintaining telephone system and associated reports
- Receiving requests for room rentals and updating Carey Centre room rental calendars to ensure space is not double-booked, and that rooms are set up as needed
- Processing supplier invoices, including preparing vouchers and printing cheques
- Handling booking enquiries for dorm rooms, guest rooms and apartments
- Accepting applications for student residence
- Clearing voicemail messages and greetings after dorm students/residents have moved out
- Preparing Bank Deposits, Credit Card Deposit summaries as needed
- Handling sales of parking spaces, meals, books and other items
- Updating our information boards daily
- Assisting with the creation of faxes, letters, emails, invoices, brochures, posters and other documents, as required
- Maintaining and ordering office supplies, catalogues, brochures, program forms and campus maps, as needed
- Maintaining the vacation calendar for faculty and staff
- Assisting and providing relief for our Booking agent, as required.
- Other duties as required
- Excellent organizational and time management abilities
- Excellent customer service, communication (written & verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multitask, establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives under minimal supervision
- Good working knowledge of MS Office Suite, including Word and Excel
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Strong administrative skills and attention to detail
- Proven problem-solving skills with the ability to visualize and deliver well thought out solutions
Interviews will take place beginning January 13, 2014. Applicants should address cover letter and resume to the attention of the VP Operations, Carey Hall at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.