Position: Pastor of Family Life
Location:First Baptist Church Smiths Falls (FBC)
73 Beckwith St. North, Smiths Falls, ON K7A 2B6
Date PostedMay 30, 2014
Job TypeFull Time Pastor of Families, leading Children and Youth Ministries
First Baptist Church Smiths Falls:
Pastor of Family Life
Approved May 27, 2014
The Pastor of Family Life is a full time position. The Pastor will maintain, develop and implement ministry with families while working with adolescents and children. This position to be overseen by the Christian Education Committee (CE), and supervised by the Lead Pastor.
The Pastor of Family Life will be required
- To possess a mature and vibrant faith in Jesus Christ. To be a Godly person who has ordered his/her life in compliance with the teaching of Scripture and the example of The Lord, Jesus Christ.
- To be an example to all in personal godliness (I Timothy 4:12) and to exemplify God=s requirements for a pastor which includes a Christian lifestyle/home (I Timothy 3:1-7).
- To lead, promote and oversee the spiritual lives of families, youth and children, by teaching the principles of worship, obeying the Word of God, winning others to Christ, serving the Church body, and participating in the community.
- To be responsible to teach and assist parents in the development of Biblical parenting skills.
- To be in agreement with the doctrinal position of FBC
Education and Experience Requirements
- Possess a Bible College or Seminary Degree with training in Children/Youth/Family related ministries.
- A minimum of two years related experience
- Strong Computer Skills/technology awareness
- A valid Ontario Driver’s License